Tree peonies are known to be very beautiful. If you’re looking to add a colorful bush to your garden, this is the winner! Why ? Well, their maintenance is not difficult, but they still have some peculiarities. They bloom and grow and become an amazing centerpiece in the garden, bringing joy and a fun atmosphere all around! Besides that, their symbolism is wonderful: wealth, honor, romance and love. By planting this bush, you are activating the law of attraction and potentially inviting these wonderful things into your home. If you believe it, of course…
Peony is a wonderful flower that has three varieties. Today we are going to talk about tree peony and how to care for it. If you have a green thumb, keep reading! Wondering what to plant in the spring? In fact, you’ll be surprised that you can do it in spring, fall, and winter. Summer is way too hot to plant anything, especially with the heat waves coming! During these times, however, you will need additional protection such as shade. Anyway, without further ado, DeaVita wants to share the most basic and important information about planting, watering and maintenance!
Let’s start with the most important information you need to care for tree peonies. Watering, after planting them, should be carried out once a week. Otherwise, when a few months have passed, let the rain soak them. These shrubs are hardy and can endure a lot. They hate overwatering. However, if you live in a particularly dry area, heavy watering once or twice a week will be more than enough.
When to plant a tree peony?
Blooming in all sorts of magical colors, tree peonies can be planted in early spring, fall and winter. Even if there is snow on the ground, in case you can shovel in peace, they are ready to be planted! However, avoid planting in late spring and summer, as plants will not establish well in hot, dry conditions. If you are determined to watch over the plant like a protective mother and do everything in your power to keep it hydrated and fresh, you can do it. Here’s what to consider when planting:
- Choose a safe space. By this we mean that it should be protected from strong winds. Although sturdy, they can crack under pressure.
- Plant them in a sunny location. But if you have a diffuse shadow, it is also possible.
- They prefer well-drained, humus-rich soils, but are not fans of acidic soils. You can possibly improve them by adding compost.
List of companions
If you’re wondering where to plant tree peonies, here’s a list:
- The magnificent and magical hellebores
- The Siberian Iris
- Violets and pansies are an excellent choice and will complement each other wonderfully.
- The perennial nasturtium is also a great choice for adding beauty to your garden.
Calendar: what to do during the year?
Here’s what to do depending on the season:
- Early spring: Adding compost and aged manure will allow them to retain heat and grow better. Watch out for the development of certain fungal diseases!
- Mid-Spring: Some leaves can be heavy, so the plant needs air circulation and support. Cut them to let her breathe.
- Late spring: Pay attention to the watering! Also, be diligent in removing faded flowers!
- Summer: Only water tree peonies when the soil dries out to a depth of 10 cm. Then, water deeply.
- Autumn: Don’t prune them! Remove all foliage after frost, but do not compost it. If cold winter winds are expected, wrap the plants with protective material.
Photo gallery: when to plant tree peonies?
When to prune tree peonies? In spring !
Their bright colors will bring joy to any garden!
They don’t need a lot of water to thrive!
How to plant tree peonies? Follow our advice!
The DeaVita team hopes to have been sufficiently informative!
We wish to say thanks to the writer of this write-up for this remarkable material
Tree peonies: when and how to plant and flower to have a garden paradise?
You can find our social media pages here and other pages on related topics here.https://nimblespirit.com/related-pages/