Mercury retrograde ? If we are accustomed to reading this type of expression when we are interested inastrology, we do not always understand the meaning. We help you see things more clearly.
Retrograde, what does that mean?
In astrology, we are interested in retrograde phases of the planets, that is to say the moment when the star changes the direction of its course in the sky. For each planet, the retrograde phase can be broken down into 3 stages: the planet slows down its course, it stagnates in the same place, then the planet goes back in reverse! In reality, this ‘backtracking’ is not real but is the result of a simple optical illusion! In astrology, when a planet is in a retrograde phase, it is estimated that the planet withdraws, it no longer expresses itself fully. Results ? It has an impact on individuals. This may be of the order of the psychological, of the intimate… and proves to be all the more tenfold when the planet retrogrades in our astrological sign.
Why Mercury Retrograde?
When it comes to retrograde, in astrology, most often this movement is associated with the planet mercury. And for good reason: Mercury enters a retrograde phase for about 24 days every 88 days; as a general rule, Mercury retrogrades, on average, 3 times a year, and more rarely, 4 times a year (as was the case in 2022). And little by little, we took the fold to fear the retrograde phase of Mercury like the plague! However, Mercury is not the only planet concerned: all the planets therefore experience these retrograde phases of variable duration depending on their distance. Thus, the planet Venus retrogrades every 20 months, for about 42 days.
Mercury retrograde, what impact?
The Planet Mercury is associated with the intellect, communication or reason. Results ? Those who rely on astrology will avoid making big decisions during these famous retrograde phases. And this as well as it is a question of the personal sphere as well as the professional one! To protect yourself from the vagaries of Mercury? In the professional sphere, it is recommended to postpone decisions as long as possible. In the intimate sphere, the period is conducive to arguments and arguments … Better to anticipate and try to take a step back, even to take time for yourself.
The next retrograde phases of Mercury
- From December 29, 2022 to January 18, 2023, Mercury retrogrades in Capricorn.
- From April 21, 2023 to May 15, 2023, Mercury retrogrades in Bull.
- From August 23, 2023 to September 15, 2023, Mercury retrogrades in Virgin.
- From December 13, 2023 to January 2, 2024, Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius.
When the other planets retrograde…
…their energy is less sensitive. In fact, the domain to which the planet is connected should be turned upside down when it enters a retrograde phase.
- From August 24, 2022 to January 22, 2023: Uranus retrogrades. It is the planet linked to rebellion, revolution and the need for independence.
- From October 30, 2022 to January 12, 2023: Mars retrograde. It is the planet linked to desire, to action, to ambition.
- From May 1, 2023 to October 11, 2023: Pluto retrogrades. This dwarf planet is associated with evolution, transformation, power.
- From June 17, 2023 to November 4, 2023: Saturn retrogrades. It is the planet linked to the structure, to the responsibilities…
- From June 30, 2023 to December 6, 2023: Neptune retrogrades. It is the planet linked to dreams, to mysticism, to intuition.
- From July 23, 2023 to September 4, 2023: Venus retrograde. It is the planet of love, emotional relationships, harmony.
- From August 29, 2023 to January 27, 2024: Uranus retrogrades.
- From September 4, 2023 to December 31, 2023: Jupiter retrogrades. It is the planet of abundance, it is also the planet that gives impetus to projects, allows them to bear fruit.
We wish to say thanks to the author of this write-up for this amazing content
Retrograde, what does that mean?
You can find our social media accounts as well as other related pageshttps://nimblespirit.com/related-pages/