The Genshin Impact development team continues to expand Teyvat with exciting new areas, characters, and events and stories, one update at a time. With version 2.7 on the way, there’s plenty to be excited about for the next version 2.8 update, which will drop around summer!
Check out this compilation of leaked content that should drop in the next update. But remember: take leaks with a grain of salt and be aware that changes between the beta server and the live version are not uncommon.
Many thanks to Genshin_Intel, WFP, Honey Impact, Project Celestia, Revue Impact and the Genshin Impact community for providing information.
Genshin Impact 2.8 Release Date
HoYoverse has confirmed that the Genshin Impact version 2.8 update is scheduled for July 13, 2022. Check the roadmap below for when to expect upcoming updates. But keep in mind that the end date for version 2.8 and beyond is purely a guess based on the game’s six-week update window.
- Version 2.7 update: scheduled for May 31, 2022 and until July 12, 2022.
- Version 2.8 update: scheduled for July 13, 2022 and until August 24, 2022.
- Version 3.0 update: scheduled for August 25, 2022 and until October 6, 2022.
Image via @revueimpact on Telegram
HoYoverse has officially confirmed upcoming character Shikanoin Heizou, who will be a four-star Anemo Catalyst user with a unique martial arts-inspired playstyle. Relying on his fists to his weapon, Heizou will bring a new style of combat that can be applied to both DPS and support roles. Check out our guide to Heizou’s skills, talents, ascension gear, and more to prepare for the release of the Tenryou Commission’s top detective.
Based on early leaks, the following characters may appear in featured banners in version 2.8. Keep in mind that information is subject to change at any time.
- First Phase – Kaedehara Kazuha (Five-Star Anemo Sword) and Shikanoin Heizou (Four-Star Anemo Catalyst)
- Second Phase – Yoimiya (Five-Star Pyro Arc) and Klee (Five-Star Pyro Catalyst) with simultaneous Banners
Related: Genshin Impact Yelan Farming Guide
See below for the new weapon set to drop in 2.8. Note that this has not been confirmed, so do not consider the information to be definitive.
This is a sword
- This is a four-star free sword that got its name after completing Kazuha’s story quest. It cannot be refined but can be ridden, which will allegedly change its appearance.
- Attack: 42 to 510
- Substat: Attack (9-41.3%)
- Passive: When a normal, charged, or dipping attack hits an opponent, it triggers a gust of wind, dealing AoE damage equal to 180% of attack and increasing attack by 15% every eight seconds. This effect can be triggered once every eight seconds.
New Major Quests
Leakers have discovered that Kaedehara Kazuha will finally get her first story quest in 2.8, the Acer Palmatum: Act I chapter. It will likely be connected to the four-star free weapon above.
It is assumed that the story quest will be available as soon as the update goes live, as it may be a prerequisite for the Golden Apple Archipelago event. Although there is no certainty about this rumor, it may be a good idea to play through Inazuma Archon and Story Quests in preparation for Kazuha. Additionally, Shikanoin Heizou’s Hangout event is also set to debut in 2.8.
New user interface
- A 45 FPS option can be added for PC players.
- Players may be able to uninstall and reinstall resources from previous quests, freeing up storage space.
Related: Best Kuki Shinobu Genshin Impact Build: Weapons, Artifacts & More!
Golden Apple Archipelago Replay: Summertime Odyssey
Image via the WFP Discord channel
The Golden Apple Archipelago is leaked for replay in 2.8. Alice may have done a little remodeling this time around, as a castle-like structure has emerged in the twin island! The fairytale-themed event may feature characters Fischl, Oz, Kaedehara Kazuha, Xinyan, Yun Jin, Mona, Venti, Xiangling, and a mysterious character named Nahida. Other leaks suggest Nahida’s possible identity.
Players have also spotted buildings based on Monstadt architecture in the Golden Apple Archipelago, but leaks haven’t revealed anything about their significance to the event’s story.
- Twin Island Castle – its interior is supposed to be explorable.
- Island Reshaping: A new type of puzzle may require players to rearrange islands.
- Free four-star Fischl skin, redeemable for 2,000 event currency.
- Cutscenes – leaked cutscene names include Fischl’s fantasy, Mona’s divination, and Xinyan’s performance.
- Estate—Mona’s apartment and estate should make an appearance during this event. Additionally, Xinyan and Kazuha can share a common domain.
It’s unclear what this event will consist of, but based on leaked images, it may be a Windrider obstacle course.
This event should take place in the Golden Apple Archipelago and be similar to the Echoing Tales of the first round of the Archipelago. Players may need to collect Iridescent Floatsam to redeem for rewards. The description for the leaked item suggests it can be picked up from Phantom Realm challenges.
Evermotion Mechanical Paint
A character named Félix Yogue, possibly de Fontaine, needs the Traveler’s help to restore an Evermotion mechanical painting. The event is leaked to be a puzzle, where players must choose pieces to complete the pictures, similar to the ikebana segment of the Irodori Festival.
This event is leaked to take place in the Dawn Winery, where players will encounter a series of dungeon battles. The event story will focus on Diluc, who can also get a five-star skin thematically tied to the event. The skin may feature new skill effects, according to leaked images.
Since five-star skins are historically not given out for free, interested players may need to collect 1,350 Genesis Crystals to get the skin at a discounted rate during the event period.
While waiting for version 2.8, don’t forget to participate in the current event. Check out our Genshin Impact Perilous Trail Realms of Guile and War events guide to help you out.
We would like to thank the writer of this post for this remarkable material
Genshin Impact 2.8 – Leaks, Replays, Events, New Area and Everything We Know So Far
We have our social media pages here and other pages related to them here.https://nimblespirit.com/related-pages/