Everything you need to know about the animated series “Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque”, emblematic program of Club Dorothée, revisited on September 30 by a comic book by Arnaud Dollen and Jérôme Alquié (Kana editions)
Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque is its official French title, but hardcore fans prefer to call it by its original title: Saint Seiya. Anyway, no one will be able to question the influence that this series by Masami Kurumada had on the manga industry, but also on Japanese animation thanks to its high quality animated adaptation!
What is it about ?
According to legend, young warriors invested with great powers were in charge of protecting Athena, the Goddess of War. Years later, it is now Princess Saori Kido, reincarnation of the Goddess, who must receive protection. One hundred young orphans are then sent around the world to undergo a grueling training as sacred knights. Once these tests have passed, they receive celestial armor placing them each under the protection of a constellation. But the battles have only just begun…
From what age to watch this anime?
The editorial staff of AlloCiné recommends this program from the age of 10, but with warning due to a number of violent scenes, and many brutal killings.
Why do teens love it?
- For the courage and determination shown by the heroes of the series.
- For the armor worn by the characters, each more classy than the next.
- For the staging of the series, certainly dated but still just as effective, and for the splendid soundtrack.
Who are the main characters ?
- Seiya, the Knight of Pegasus. Endowed with a strong character, this impulsive but nevertheless courageous young man does not back down from any obstacle, especially when it comes to protecting the lives of his friends, or serving a cause dear to his heart.
- Shiryu, the Dragon Knight. Trained by an old master in the depths of China, the latter has acquired particularly formidable combat techniques. Warrior in the noble sense of the term, he will fight until his last breath if necessary to triumph over his enemies.
- Hyoga, the Knight of the Swan. Haunted by the death of his mother, whose remains lie at the bottom of the icy seas of Russia, the latter trained in the plains of Siberia. Thanks to his mastery of cold, he can strengthen the resistance of his armor, but also freeze the limbs of his opponents.
- Shun, the Knight of Andromeda. The most sensitive of the five heroes, but not the least powerful. His chain allows him to detect danger around him, and proves to be an indispensable weapon for both the defensive and offensive phases of combat.
- Ikki, the Knight of the Phoenix. By far the most brutal of the five, Ikki is Shun’s older brother. Returning from hellish training on the Island of the Dead Queen, he initially appears as an enemy for the other Bronze Knights, and the Graad Foundation which he holds responsible for the hell he has suffered. .
The anecdote that will amaze your teenager!
- When French people appropriate the Saint Seiya myth, it gives comics Knights of the Zodiac: Time Odyssey (available on September 30 from Kana editions), an original story, and above all official, since supervised by the author of the manga in person, Masami Kurumada.
- The Knights of the Zodiac, a French title born from a translation error! When the series was broadcast for the first time on television, the rights holders at the time understood that the heroes of the series are the Golden Knights representing the signs of astrology. Note that this translation error also impacted the Spanish titles (Los Caballeros del Zodiaco), Portuguese (Os Cavaleiros Do Zodiaco) and even German (Die Krieger of the Zodiacs).
DNA, Netflix, Crunchyroll… which platform should you subscribe to to watch Japanese anime?
Where to see this anime and how much will it cost you?
The complete series is available on DNA (€6.99 per month).
You can also find his reboot – modernized and less violent – on Crunchyroll (from €4.99 per month).
What other sports anime to watch next with your teen?
We wish to say thanks to the writer of this short article for this amazing web content
The Knights of the Zodiac for parents: 3 minutes to understand everything about the anime inspired by Greek mythology
You can find our social media profiles and other related pageshttps://nimblespirit.com/related-pages/