Borrowed from Japanese, Do In is a technique of relaxation and self-massage which means “the way of energy” This term comes from traditional Japanese medicine where it appeared for the first time in the book “internal classic of the ‘Yellow Emperor’.
It is also called “energy toilet” insofar as it is a self-massage technique based on Chinese medicine and its theoretical principles which were previously chosen to improve physical health, mental health, but also a spiritual elevation of the people who practice it. It also allows you to put in place the right meditation, movement and stretching techniques.
Let’s see this practice of self-massage in detail!
The Do In, what is the practiced technique?
Practiced with the fingers to balance the energies of the body, Do In is roughly similar to Shiatsu. However, strategic points are worked on; it promotes good breathing, blood circulation and digestion.
On this, it must be practiced by a very specific technique in order to get the best results.
In the first place, it must start with the help of the fingers, the elbows or the palms in order to allow a good stimulation of the functions of the body. Begining with :
Also called basic sequence, it consists of sitting in a chair, refuel while breathing for a few seconds. Rub the top of your head vigorously with the palms of your hands, then move down in front of your face and then your abdomen.
Then rub all the parts of your head, going through the face, the neck, the forehead, the ears, the jaw, the shoulders, the nape of the neck…
Then do the massage on the upper limbs: wrists, elbows, hands, arms.
The same rhythm follows on the abdomen, such as the thorax, the pelvis, the back and the stomach.
The lower limbs are massaged in last position, it is the knee, the inside of the thighs, the calves, the ankles and the feet. The movements must always be done with the same intensity and the same energy.
Finally, the session must end with relaxation. When lying on your back, breathing should be free. Remember to put your knees on your belly and waltz slowly on both sides of the spine.
The benefits of the Do In technique?
The Do In technique is full of several advantages, here are the most revealed:
- It is a great help with the tensions relating to daily life.
- Promotes physical fitness first thing in the morning and throughout the day.
- Reduces pregnancy-related symptoms such as heavy legs, fatigue…
- Allows you to get back in shape quickly after surgery, illness, accident.
- Soothes headaches.
- Promotes rapid and quality sleep.
- Helps regulate weight gain.
- It also helps to manage stress and reduce it considerably.
And among the great benefits of this technique, two caught our attention the most:
- Tone the face: It is a technique that is widely used. Thanks to the stimulation of the face with the Do In self-massage, the skin is regenerated, blood circulation improved and the face toned and rejuvenated.
- Release the stress : With the help of the palms of your hands, tap the top of your rib cage, doing repetitive exhalations. Next, touch the main line of your body which is at the level of the sternum while inhaling.
All in all, it is best to practice the Do In in the morning while seated and start the day with a good dose of energy. However, thanks to its ease of execution, it can be practiced anywhere and at any time.
What are the health drawbacks?
There are no specific disadvantages or contraindications to the practice of Do In. However, it is necessary to remove all accessories, shave nails and choose a chair that prioritizes comfort above all else.
Like our content ?
Receive our latest publications free of charge and directly in your mailbox every day
We would love to thank the writer of this article for this awesome content
Do In: Focus on this self-massage technique
You can view our social media profiles here as well as additional related pages here.https://nimblespirit.com/related-pages/