Despite the Covid 19 pandemic, Disney’s development or modernization strategy has not been stopped. Despite some delays, “Epcot” and “Disney’s Hollywood Studios” in particular have undergone and are still undergoing major redevelopments. The big event “World’s Most Magical Celebration” which celebrates the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World for eighteen months (between 2021 and 2023) was also an opportunity to unveil several major attractions in different parks.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
– “Pandora: The World of Avatar”: from James Cameron’s film, this 4.9 hectare themed area opened in May 2017. It immerses visitors in the mystical world of the planet Pandora with its lush and luminescent flora, its islands, its mysterious forest, its floating mountains, its illuminated nights and its strange creatures. Two key attractions are present: “Avatar Flight of Passage” and “Na’vi River Journey”.
– “ The Jungle Cruise » : The classic Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise has recently been revamped! This includes new scenes and the addition of new characters.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
In the “Toy Story Land” section, two new attractions opened in 2018.
– “Alien Swirling Saucers” : the attraction takes up the theme of the little green extraterrestrials from the film Toy story who are at the bottom of the machine. Visitors board vehicles shaped like flying saucers for a short, hectic ride. The ride looks a bit like the cups ride (Mad Tea Party) at Magic Kingdom.
– “Slinky Dog Dash”: a roller coaster for the whole family located in the open air. The Story: Andy (the creator) built a roller coaster using his ‘Dash & Dodge Mega Coaster Kit’ set and decided to use ‘Slinky Dog’ as the ride vehicle. The visitor then gets on small trains with wagons for a ride, with intense turns and falls…
“Star Wars” has been in the spotlight in recent years with the opening of a land (in 2019) dedicated to the famous saga with several emblematic attractions:
– “Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire”: the visitor is transported to the heart of the Star Wars universe, allowing them to roam freely and unattached in a multi-sensory experience. They infiltrate as “stormtroopers” to capture intelligence essential to the survival of the fledgling rebellion.
– “Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run” : the attraction takes the visitor into a very distant galaxy populated by exotic creatures where it is possible to pilot (via a simulator) Han Solo’s famous Millenium Falcon (in real size).
– “Rise of the Resistance”: the traveler is embarked on a ship piloted by Poe Dameron which takes off into space before being captured by a huge First Order Star Destroyer. An altercation between the Resistance and the First Order will ensue…
In 2020, an attraction entirely dedicated to the famous Disney mouse was inaugurated:
– “Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway”: it is a scenic ride type attraction based on the Mickey Mouse television series. Visitors are immersed in the heart of a colorful and dynamic cartoon for an eventful race filled with gags, and where the laws of physics do not apply…
The famous little gourmet rat “Chef Remy” arrived in 2021:
– “Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure”: it’s a new 4D culinary adventure that takes visitors on a chase through the kitchens of the famous Parisian restaurant Gusteau. Attraction located in the French pavilion.
– “Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind” : here the visitor embarks on an intergalactic pursuit through time and space to save the world with the legendary cosmic outlaws Rocket, Groot, Drax, Gamora and Star-Lord. It is an indoor “roller coaster” type attraction using a new vehicle technology called “Omnicoaster” and many special effects. A new attraction to open in 2022.
– “Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser”: finally a few months late, the hotel dedicated to Star Wars opened its doors in August 2022. The concept: to offer immersive two-day stays in a Star Wars spaceship setting! The theme complex is located behind “Galaxy’s Edge” in Hollywood Studios. On day two of the trip, passengers get priority access to ‘Rise of the Resistance’ and ‘Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run’ inside ‘Galaxy’s Edge’.
– “Disney Skyliner”: it is a new (free) transport system set up to allow visitors to connect the “Pop Century” and “Art of Animation” hotels as well as the “Disney’s Caribbean Beach” to the Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios parks. It’s also another way to see the parks by soaring like a bird above the treetops or artificial lakes!
In fact, the Epcot park is currently undergoing a major transformation probably until the end of 2023. In addition to the new attractions, many structural changes have been announced such as: the relocation of the entrance to the park, a new layout of the space in four districts, “Communicore Plaza” (Epcot’s main square) with new walkways, a new character reception area, flexible exhibition areas, reimagined green spaces and a fountain, special night lighting, a “Walt the Dreamer” status to celebrate the legacy of Walt Disney etc.
On the ticketing side, the “FastPass” no longer exists and the “Disney Genie” and “Disney Genie +” system has taken its place to optimize visitors’ time in the parks. In addition, in 2022 Disney introduced a new system called “MagicBand” and “MagicBand+”, an application that offers various interactive functions that can be used during the stay (reservations, validation of entries, unlocking of hotel rooms, making purchases, etc. ).
Walt Disney World Resort Florida: upcoming attractions…
As usual, Disney has not yet revealed much about the new features to come to its parks. But the next few years will apparently bring lots of new things. Here is a selection of the major attractions identified by the editorial staff. Notice to amateurs!
– “Frozen”: Disney’s Blizzard Beach closed since January 2022 reopens its doors on November 13, 2022 with new version ” Frozen ». Kids can splash, slide and play in front of Anna and Elsa’s frozen igloo with “Frozen” characters like Olaf and his friends, the Snowgies.
– On his side “Typhoon Lagoon” is also preparing to temporarily close for renovation from November 13, 2022 for an indefinite period.
– “Tron Lightcycle Power Run” : this is a new roller coaster (under construction for 5 years) which will go around the “Magic Kingdom”. With this new coaster, visitors will have the opportunity to cross eight energy gates aboard a motorcycle light! The attraction will have the distinction of being the fastest in Walt Disney World, reaching a maximum speed of 95 km/h.
– “Journey of Water Inspired by ‘Moana'” : a brand new attraction that will allow visitors to interact with magical and living water in a beautiful and inspiring setting, and where they can discover the importance of the natural water cycle. Inspired by the movie Moana, it will be located in the “World Nature” section of Epcot Park (formerly “Future World West”).
– “The Haunted Mansion” : the ghost of the hatbox, the well-known character from the original version of the haunted mansion of Disneyland in California will make its debut in Florida.
– Night show : New nightly shows will also be presented at Epcot and Magic Kingdom as part of the celebration of 100 years of Disney wonders.
– “Tiana’s Bayou Adventure” : still in the “Magic Kingdom Park”, an attraction that will take visitors on a musical adventure inspired by the story and the characters of the film “The Princess and the Frog”. It will replace the “Splash Mountain” attraction.
– “PLAY pavilion! » : Originally planned for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World, this new pavilion located in the former location of “The Wonders of Life pavilion” will present new experiences dedicated to play and fun, including an interactive city where visitors will be able to interact with the characters.
Our guide to Disney Orlando:
Our Orlando Guide:
To visit around Orlando:
Complete Guide to Florida:
We would love to give thanks to the author of this write-up for this incredible material
Walt Disney World Resort Florida: the big news for five years and to come! – The Courier of the Americas
Our social media profiles here , as well as other pages on related topics here.https://nimblespirit.com/related-pages/