There is a lot you can figure out about the meaning of moonstones just by looking at the visual aspects of this gemstone. A piece of moonstone looks like a large moon in the night sky. Color and light move through the iridescence of the stone and there is a fluid, watery movement to the stone. The appearance is also sweet and milky. A moonstone that is transparent with more of a blue or whitish shimmer will be of higher value. Moonstone originated in Sri Lanka and moonstone jewelry was once very popular during the Art Nouveau period.
What is a moonstone?
Moonstone is a gemstone made from feldspar, which is a mineral in the earth’s crust. Moonstone’s magical glow is called the adularescent effect, which is an optical phenomenon caused by its unique internal composition that refracts and scatters light. Moonstone is believed to harvest the energy of the moon, which embodies the passive, relaxing yin energy. Likewise, this stone is believed to promote positive well-being and enhance your intuition.
- Colors: Opalescent and milky whites with variations of blue, gray, pink or green, and black moonstone is also available.
- chakra: Soma, third eye, solar plexus
- Number: Vibrates up to 4
- Planet: Moon
- Zodiac: Rabbit, Cancer, Libra, and Scorpio
- Bagua areas: Relationships (kun), completion/children (dui)
- Elements: Water, metal, earth
- Origin: Sri Lanka, India and Australia
Meaning of moonstones
The moon, in feng shui and many other spiritual traditions, represents divine femininity. Moonstone energy is yin, introspective, receptive, and connected to your subconscious. As the cycles of the moon connect you to nature, the spiritual meaning of moonstone also reminds you that your life has its ups and downs too. Here are other qualities of moonstone:
- Moonstone cultivates compassion and empathy towards oneself and others.
- It helps you tap into your intuition to help you see situations more clearly.
- Moonstone is good for activating your creative and intuitive power of feminine energy which helps you get in tune with your true emotions.
- It can help balance and cool your emotions and tensions.
- The tranquil energy of moonstone invites creativity, restoration, and motherly protection.
- The glow of moonstone is believed to reflect your aura to help you gain important information and feedback about your health and other emotional matters.
Feng Shui Applications
There are many ways to use moonstone to benefit your home’s feng shui. A spherically shaped moonstone is considered the most beneficial of all shapes as it emits its radiance in all directions. You can also carry the stone in your pocket, as chunks of stone. Try using moonstone in the following ways in your home:
- Place a piece of moonstone near the bed, or under the heart (like under the mattress) to balance or heighten feminine emotions. Moonstone is also known as the “Stone of Dreams” in some cultures, as it is believed that the stone can invite beautiful visions and dreams during sleep.
- Find the bagua position for relationships (kun) in the bedroom. Place a piece of moonstone here for balance, insight, restoration, and self-care.
- Use a piece of black moonstone (it is not uncommon and can be easily found) to boost fertility and pregnancy.
- Using the bagua, place a moonstone in the health zone (center, tai qi) or kun zone of your entire home to improve balance and well-being and reduce tension.
- Find a piece of iridescent rainbow moonstone and use it to help you visualize ideas and intuitions. Hold it in your hand while you meditate or keep it on your bedside table to promote clarity in your dreams. You can even put a piece of moonstone near your vision board to activate your goals and dreams.
- Moonstone in the office or workspace activates creativity in your career.
Cleansing and charging crystals
It is a good idea to regularly cleanse and charge moonstone as you would all other crystals and objects in your home. Moonstone, however, is low on the Mohs hardness scale (only 6), so it should be treated with care.
Charge a Moonstone in Moonlight; it is especially effective to charge a moonstone on a full moon or a new moon. There are many ways to clean a crystal and a gemstone, such as moonstone. Here are some recommendations:
- Soak the crystal or stone in water with sea salt at least overnight. Use about 3 tablespoons of salt for every cup of water.
- You can also wash your stone thoroughly under clear, clean water from a nearby stream.
- If you don’t want to use salt to cleanse your stone, do a moonstone smudge with sage, palo santo, or another smudge stick.
- Visualize the white light of the moon surrounding the crystal or stone, with the intention that the moonstone be cleared of all negative energy.
- When you have finished clearing your stone, bring it to your third eye (your forehead) and ask it to give you clarity, intuition, love, and guidance.
Moonstone is a real gemstone. If you have a cabochon that has tarnished over the years, take it to a jeweler to polish it and restore its shine.
We wish to thank the author of this short article for this outstanding material
What is Moonstone? Feng Shui Meaning, Benefits and Uses | Nostrodomus
Our social media pages here and other related pages herehttps://nimblespirit.com/related-pages/