For the 7th edition of the Nights of Reading on the theme of fear, fear and tremors invade the Verlaine media library, the Agora and the Arob@se, from January 20 to 22.
Nightmarish shows, readings in the dark, exhibitions of monsters and witches, creative workshops around villains and menacing silhouettes… You are invited to gather around a frighteningly attractive program, which deploys the full range of dread , from worry to horror. And if you also lend yourself to the game? Come dressed as monsters or creatures of the night!
Free program, free admission unless otherwise stated. Click on the animations to discover the details and the terms of access.
Download the complete program (soon).
Friday January 20
At the Sablon media library (2-6 p.m.)
Saturday January 21
At the Verlaine media library (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.):
- Meet the phobias / quiz, all public, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., in the spaces of the media library
- Occult sciences, demons and witches / exhibition, teens and adults, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the spaces of the media library
- Ominous shadows and silhouettes / creative workshop, at 10:30 a.m. (1:30 a.m.) children from 7 years old, on registration
- make-up stand / young audience, 3-5 p.m., free access
- Jack’s Lair / Costumed walk, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., all ages
- Grain of the Moon / Cie Colporteur de rêves, show, Salle Mutelet 4 p.m. (50 min), family audience, from 7 years old
- Occult sciences, demons and witches / heritage conference, Salle Mutelet at 6 p.m., adult audience
- board games6-8 p.m., youth area, young audience and teenagers
- Improv show / Cie Le MInou, room Mutelet at 8 p.m. (1h15), adult audience,
- Youth film screening / youth workshop, 8 p.m. (1h15), from 7 years old
- By the light of the wolves / Cie La Meute, dance and fire show, ruins of the St Livier church, 9:30 p.m. (30 min), family audience
At L’Arob@se (1 p.m.-8 p.m.):
At the Agora media library (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.):
- ” And you, what are you afraid of? / Collaborative wall of expression, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Photo call / Free access – All public 10am-10pm
- Kamishibai readings by 6th grade students from Pierre Mendès College in Woippy / storytelling area at 10 a.m., family
- Readings aloud of fantastic excerpts by 4th graders, strolling 10-11 a.m.
- Fake news deconstruction workshop – hosted by 3rd year students 10-11 a.m.
- The Villain’s Workshop / Creative workshop, 2pm (1h30) Children from 8 years old
- Kitchen of Fear! Cooking workshop 2pm (2h) Family
- Draw me a creature / Make-up workshop, 2-5 p.m., children and teenagers
- virtual reality video game / 4-6 p.m. Adults and teenagers, from 16 years old
- Jack’s Lair / Costumed stroll – 3-7 p.m.
- humorous divination tent – 4-6 p.m. Teens and adults
- night of nightmares / Storytelling, Performance hall, 4:30 p.m. (1 hour) Family, from 3 years old
- Gustave Doré and the Monsters / Promotion of heritage works, Hall de l’Agora 5 p.m. (1 hour), Adults and teenagers, from 16 years old
- The dramatized fear / Round table, Performance hall 6 p.m. (1 hour), Teens and adults
- Photo studio with Bout d’Essais / 6-10 p.m., All ages
- Readings in the dark / From 7 p.m. (3 sessions of 30 min), Adults
- Blindtest Music & Cinema: 100% chills / Agora Café, 7 p.m., Adults and teenagers, from 12 years old
Sunday January 22
At the Verlaine media library (2-6 p.m.):
Extended opening hours
On the occasion of Reading Nights, our opening hours are longer to allow you to come and borrow or return your documents, or simply sit down to read and enjoy the atmosphere between two shows and activities:
• Sablon media library: Friday 2pm-6pm
• Agora media library: Saturday 10am-10pm
• Verlaine Media Library: Saturday 10 a.m.-10 p.m. / Sunday 2 p.m.-6 p.m.
• L’Arob@se: Saturday 1pm-8pm
Catering and photocalls
Photocalls / free access, all public
Immortalize your fear, keep a terrible memory of these Reading Nights in front of superb decorations whose original images are kept in our heritage collections.
- At the Agora: Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- At the Verlaine media library: Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- At the Arob@se: Saturday from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Restoration, Saturday 21 January, Verlaine and Agora media libraries:
- The MamYza food truck awaits you from 7 p.m. on the forecourt place de la Bibliothèque, between the Verlaine media library and the Arob@se, to offer you creative family cuisine
- The restaurant La Guitoune offers, from 6:30 p.m., savory and sweet Syrian specialties in the Agora dining room.
We wish to give thanks to the author of this article for this remarkable web content
Reading nights in media libraries
Discover our social media profiles , as well as other related pageshttps://nimblespirit.com/related-pages/